Time for Frederic and I to give a short update on the activities performed during our last week in Kinesi and Musoma!
On Monday we improved the access data monitoring tool for the tree distribution. We explained the changes that have been made to all the persons involved and did a test in order to make sure that all the changes were well understood.
On Tuesday, we worked on the feasibility study for the implementation of a new regional forest in the Rorya region. We went to visit the Tarime Regional forest, in order to understand how they have intitiated a new forest 6 years ago, and in order to gather best practices for us.
In the afternoon we have met the director of the Rorya district (see picture below). We comfirmed the willingness of the region to support the new forest. The director was very welcoming and seemed to have very good advisors (cfr. poster on the wall of its office 😉 ).
We have also identified 3 possible locations for the new forest and determined the most promising location.
As Philip mentioned, Wednesday was dedicated to the orphans in Kinesi. Charlotte and Marie will describe that day in more detail.
On Thursday and Friday morning, we worked hard on business cases about soap and brick creation in order to provide a revenue to the orphan’s parents. … and results seem promessing. We even had the opportunity to purchase some soaps of the first production batch.
On Friday afternoon, we had taken the opportunity to test the improvements of the access data monitoring tool by performing some audits in schools that had planted trees in the previous years… In some places we received a very warm welcome!!
Thank you for following us!
Frederic and Nicolas